Better Days



Ya know, I've lived my life full of regrets. What has it gotten me? What is it getting me? Nothing and no where. It's taken me 32 years, but I'm finally realizing some things. The past is just that. The past. There's nothing that anyone can do to change it. I'm just going to learn from my mistakes, put them behind me and move forward with a better understanding.

I did make a promise to myself. I promised myself that I wasn't going to be so damned scared. I hinder myself for fear of failure. That is my one crippling fear. It's because of that fear, that I've missed out on life. Hence the regrets. No more. No more regrets, no more crippling fear of failure. Sometimes you just have to wing it. Step out on faith...

I think Janet Jackson said it best in her song, "Better Days"

"I'm 'bout to change my vibe/Today the sun's gon' shine/Cuz I've made up my mind/That today will be the start of better days/Leaving old shit behind/And move on with my life/The blindfold's off my eyes/And now all I see for me is better days."

Make it a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cry

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot