The Grass Isn't Always Greener






Okay, so I have a serious problem. Well, not super serious, but whatever. It seems as though I’m always attracted to people that I can’t have. This has been since childhood on. Maybe it’s the thought of attaining the unattainable or something. I don’t know. Anyway, I've developed this super huge crush on this guy, and it’s been like six years. I’m drawn to this guy for a number of reasons. Primarily, he makes me laugh. Someone told me that I was a nurturer and I can see that with the types of guys that I fall for. They need help in some kind of capacity. One of them, I’m amazed has made it through life, but that’s another story. There’s a lot that I know of the guy in question, and even with this information I find myself asking “Why?” Why do I like this guy? Why am I crushing so hard and for so long? Especially when I know that he’s not the best. I mean, he currently cheats; a lot. That’s the main negative quality that I’m willing to say.

 I do have a question: Are relationships based on compromise and what you’re willing to put up with? For instance, the guy I like. If we were to get into a relationship, I would pretty much be condoning his actions and allowing him to cheat. His spouse must be a very forgiving person and accepts this as a part of who he is. That brings me to the point of this post. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Yes, I see him and I see all the good qualities. He’s a good dad, musically inclined, handsome, attractive, has a nice personality. He even goes to church (how much good it actually does is debatable, but that’s neither here nor there.) He sounds like a stand up guy—a good catch, right? Well, there’s gotta be a catch somewhere, and his catch is infidelity. He cannot, or will not be faithful to one person. Knowing this, if the opportunity ever presented itself to be with him, (and keep in mind, this is a big ass fuckin’ IF) I wouldn't be able to handle him going out cheating all the time.
Maybe this is a message to the sidelines or something, I don’t know. I really don’t know where I’m going with this. It’s just something that randomly came to mind.
Y’all have a good day and I’ll talk to you soon.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                --Me 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cry

I Wanna Know What Love Is